Saturday, January 1, 2011

Another one bites the dust! Hello 2011

I woke up this morning without the pressure of living up to an unrealistic New Years resolution. In fact, I haven't  made any resolutions and couldn't be happier. What I would like to do is to continue to develop a healthier lifestyle and increase my level of physical activity gradually. Also, find time to complete an autobiography I am working on. These are all things that I have been working on previously, but lacked commitment to be consistent from time to time.
However, as I reflect on the past few years and think about all the people I have lost due to diabetes and congestive heart failure, and people who suffer from ailments from one day to the next such as high blood pressure and kidney failure, I find myself with a  whole host of motivators to keep me committed to being healthy. We all will succumb one day, but it is our responsibility to do our part in being healthy-to live our best life.

 For years I have heard people say you have to find a physical activity you love and stick with it to lose weight, well for me, it is running. I love it! The challenge of finishing a race is also a motivating factor in working out and gives me something tangible to look forward to. There is also a camaraderie among runners that offers a whole new level of support, I can definitely appreciate that.

Today I did my C25K program and ate well, I probably had 1 too many jelly beans, but other than that, it was all good.  I am not going to weigh in until the end of Jan, I will consider posting my weight on line every 30 days or so. Also, I am looking for new material to enhance this blog. Feel free to offer support.


Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment